Wednesday, January 9, 2013

YK's seven resolutions for 2013:


1. “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ” (Rom 10: 17, NASV).
Lord, may I hear - really really hear - your words that my faith may grow. Protect me from all other noise.

2. " . . . the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty” (Mat 13:23).
Lord, let me hear and understand your Word that I may bear much fruit. Protect me from deception and stagnation.

3. “Behold, their ears are closed (Hebr: arel:uncircumcised) and they cannot listen. Behold, the word of the Lord has become a reproach to them; they have no delight in it” (Jer 6:10).
Lord, circumcise my ears that I may delight in your Word. Keep me from having ears that are deaf or shut.

4. “ . . . and I [the LORD] spoke to you, rising up early and speaking, but you did not hear, and I called you but you did not answer,. . .’ (Jer 7:13-15).
Forgive me, Lord, for not being there when you were ready to speak, and for not answering when you called. Kick me out of bed if you have to!

5. “Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; for I trust in You; . . . “ (Ps 143:8).
May the first sound I hear every day be your voice of love, dear Lord, not the sound of self, schedule, or social media.

6. “ . . . your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, ‘This is the way, walk in it,’ whenever you turn to the right or to the left” (Isa 30:20-22).
Lord, my gracious teacher, speak wisdom in my ears, whisper direction behind me. Pull me back whenever I run ahead of your voice; repeat, reprove, remind me whenever I forget.

7. “ . . . therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD" (Eze 34:9).
Lord, may I teach only what I hear from you. Let my message outlines, lesson plans, illustrations, and stories come only from you.

No comments:

love the ocean - God made it for Himself

About Me

In the Old Testament in the Bible, there was a man named Jacob who "wrestled with God and man." He wouldn't let God go until God answered his prayers. God admired that and renamed him Israel, "the one who fought or wrestled and prevailed". He fought with man--his inner man--and conquered his own weaknesses. He's my hero. He is what I hope God and man see me to be.