Sunday, December 30, 2012

Just do it - impossible is nothing.

When God called him to lead the charge in letting my people go, Moses, the one who claimed to “have never been eloquent”, spoke a lot (Ex 3:11- 4:20). Here's how it went:


Moses: “Gee, I’m really honored that you chose me. But here’s the thing: I’m a nobody!” (3:11)
God: I already know that. But here’s the thing: it's a non-issue to me. It’s not who you are but who sends you that’s important. (3:12)

M: “That's nice. But my point is I don’t even know you that well. Don’t you think I need to grow in my Bible more first?” (3:13)
G: My point is: I Am who I Am. And that’s more than enough for you. (3:14-15)

M: “Alright, I got to be honest with you. I'm really not a very smart guy. I don’t even know what to say to them.” (3:13)
G: First you go to the sons of Israel and tell them . . . .
Then you go to the elders and say this, . . . .
Next you and the elders go to Pharaoh. Mind you, he will not let you go at first, but I will strike Egypt with signs.
Then you go to the Egyptians and they will give you all that you need.
Specific and clear enough? (3:14-22)

M: “Wait a minute . . . you’re going so fast! I’m still stuck at what if people won’t believe or listen to me!" (4:1-2)
G: They will believe and listen after they see the signs you will do through me. (4:2-9)

M: “O-k . . . , but, but . . . please Lord, I'm just a simple bloke. I'm not eloquent, I don't have a way with words – not now, not before, not after you met me.” (4:10)
G: That's not important either. Tell me this: who made mouths and ears? Who invented words? Surely I will teach you what to say. (4:11, 12)

M: [Sigh] “Sorry, . . . I still think it’s easier if you sent someone else. No offence.” (4:13)
G: Now I am offended! It’s easier if you stopped giving clever excuses. But just to humor you, I will send Aaron as well, but that doesn’t mean you don’t need to lead the charge. I have already chosen you. (4: 14-16)

When God chooses us to do anything, we’d better not make excuses.
I don’t know, I don’t have, I can’t talk, I'm not sure, he’s better, she’s done it before – won't cut it for Him.
When God chooses us, He will also give us the power, guidance, words, resources, and success that we need.
When God chooses us, simply obey. Don’t waste time coming up with one more reason why He needs to send someone else.

Just do it.
Nothing is impossible with God.
Impossible is nothing to Him.

No comments:

love the ocean - God made it for Himself

About Me

In the Old Testament in the Bible, there was a man named Jacob who "wrestled with God and man." He wouldn't let God go until God answered his prayers. God admired that and renamed him Israel, "the one who fought or wrestled and prevailed". He fought with man--his inner man--and conquered his own weaknesses. He's my hero. He is what I hope God and man see me to be.