Sunday, April 21, 2013

ON MISSING OUT, A REFLECTION ON TIME


I fear missing out . . . on living
So I cram all my days in -
With meetings, goals, one more plan, dream, objective,
And in fearing, I miss.

I fear missing out . . . on too many things -
My youth, happiness, promises to keep,
There’s a world to see, castles to build,
And in fearing, I miss.

I miss living today,
In escaping the demons of my past;
And in fearing the future,
I forget to breathe and laugh.

I miss the rhythm and beats of life
When I fear the tyranny of time,
In the dread of being late, I sorely miss
The joy of listening to its chimes.

No comments:

love the ocean - God made it for Himself

About Me

In the Old Testament in the Bible, there was a man named Jacob who "wrestled with God and man." He wouldn't let God go until God answered his prayers. God admired that and renamed him Israel, "the one who fought or wrestled and prevailed". He fought with man--his inner man--and conquered his own weaknesses. He's my hero. He is what I hope God and man see me to be.