Wednesday, October 9, 2013

YOU ARE THE SALT OF THE EARTH (Mat 5:13)

I am the salt of the earth.

I bring flavor
And not seek favor
From men.
I use words that heal,
Shield, defend,
Mend.

I may sting,
Even shock,
But I won’t bend
The truth, I won’t trivialize
The Name of God,
The worth of man.

I am the salt of the earth.

I work on the bland,
I don’t blend
In.
I speak up against
Stumbling blocks, shame,
Sin.

I can’t sit on the fence,
I can’t play it
Safe
If I want to stand up
For the fatherless,
Broken,
Enslaved.

I am the salt of the earth.

I am different.
This is who I am, not what I do;
This is my voice, my call.
But when I become indifferent
To who they are, and what they do,
I miss. I’m not salt at all.

No comments:

love the ocean - God made it for Himself

About Me

In the Old Testament in the Bible, there was a man named Jacob who "wrestled with God and man." He wouldn't let God go until God answered his prayers. God admired that and renamed him Israel, "the one who fought or wrestled and prevailed". He fought with man--his inner man--and conquered his own weaknesses. He's my hero. He is what I hope God and man see me to be.