Sunday, November 11, 2012

eternal life is someone you follow

Reflections from Mat 19: 16-22, Jesus and the Rich Young Ruler (RYR):


The RYR had been there, done that; but his life was not complete.
He knew all the rules, had every responsibility, and practically ran the ministry.
Be he had no rest. He didn’t live the life.

Jesus told the RYR: “You don’t need one more ‘to do’,'‘to impress'."
“I am all the stripes and badges you ever need.”
“Just let go of things. And follow Me.”

The RYR protested. “But, but . . . , I don’t mind ‘to dos’, ‘to impress’. It’s what I think about all night and wake up every day for!”
“In fact, I don’t know who I am without them! I don’t know what to do without doing . . . .”

“But here’s the thing,” Jesus replied, “You got to stop.”
“You got to stop clinging on to what is not bread.
"You got to decide to not be defined by what you do."

“You see, eternal life is not something you get.”
“Eternal life is Someone you follow.
"Eternal Life is Someone you love.
Enjoy.
"Live in."

No comments:

love the ocean - God made it for Himself

About Me

In the Old Testament in the Bible, there was a man named Jacob who "wrestled with God and man." He wouldn't let God go until God answered his prayers. God admired that and renamed him Israel, "the one who fought or wrestled and prevailed". He fought with man--his inner man--and conquered his own weaknesses. He's my hero. He is what I hope God and man see me to be.