Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Today is the last day of the year 2013. Here's my wish for everyone:

COME & SEE

The disciples were curious,
“Teacher, where do you live?”
Jesus turned around, waved, and said,
“Come, and you will see.” (John 1:39-40)

The woman at the well was shocked,
“He knows everything about me!”
“Come, see Him who gives living water.”
And those who did believed. (John 4:28, 40-41)

Mary was afraid and trembling,
“Where is my Lord?” she cried.
“He’s not here, He’s risen  –  come see
“The tomb’s empty,” the angel replied. (Mat 28:5-7)

As 2013 draws to a close,
Here’s a prayer for you, my friend,
May you come every day to Him with curiosity,
And see His grace, His love, His plan.

Come, leave all that behind -
The old, bad, ugly;
And see Him who knows and cares for you  –
And Who fills you with fresh grace and beauty.

Come and see, fear not, He's alive,
He lives in you and me -
And in anyone who will make room for Him,
And say, "Yes, I want to come, and see."

No comments:

love the ocean - God made it for Himself

About Me

In the Old Testament in the Bible, there was a man named Jacob who "wrestled with God and man." He wouldn't let God go until God answered his prayers. God admired that and renamed him Israel, "the one who fought or wrestled and prevailed". He fought with man--his inner man--and conquered his own weaknesses. He's my hero. He is what I hope God and man see me to be.