Monday, January 13, 2014

I AM NOT A PRISONER

Reflections from studying the man Paul as he wrote to his disciples from a Philippian jail (from the book of Philippians):

I AM NOT A PRISONER
To the shackles on my feet –
I stand tall and steadfast as a bond-slave of Christ Jesus,
I can do all things through Him who strengthens
Me.

I am not a prisoner,
I am not defined by my chains;
To know His power, I count all things as loss,
For to me to live is Christ, to die is
Gain.

I am not a prisoner -
Of man-made glory, greats and
Gods -
These soon shall pass, but O for the surpassing
Value of knowing Him, and reaching His upward
Call.

I am not a prisoner -
The Son of God has set me free
To serve and suffer for the sake of the gospel,
To fly beyond these walls, to dare to dream.

No comments:

love the ocean - God made it for Himself

About Me

In the Old Testament in the Bible, there was a man named Jacob who "wrestled with God and man." He wouldn't let God go until God answered his prayers. God admired that and renamed him Israel, "the one who fought or wrestled and prevailed". He fought with man--his inner man--and conquered his own weaknesses. He's my hero. He is what I hope God and man see me to be.