Sunday, February 3, 2013

GIVE OF A WILLING HEART

When it was time for the tabernacle to be built,
God could have made all the bronze, silver and gold;
But He said, “Bring to me only what you got . . .
“Offer at my altar what you own.”

When it was time for the tabernacle to be built,
God could have forced, ordered, and charged,
“Do what I tell you!” “Obey my command!”
Instead He said, “Give of a willing heart.”

So when it was time for the tabernacle to be built,
The people responded – those whose hearts were stirred;
Seven times, it was said, in Exodus 35, 36,
“They came, they brought, they spun, they served.”

The heart of the matter of the building of the tabernacle,
Is, in my humble opinion, a matter of the heart.
Teach, lead, speak, give – just do it,
But don’t go through the motion, don’t just play the part.

For when God calls us to build the tabernacle,
He doesn’t care if we can do little or much;
Things, time, talent, treasure, He made it all –
He only wants from us a willing heart.

No comments:

love the ocean - God made it for Himself

About Me

In the Old Testament in the Bible, there was a man named Jacob who "wrestled with God and man." He wouldn't let God go until God answered his prayers. God admired that and renamed him Israel, "the one who fought or wrestled and prevailed". He fought with man--his inner man--and conquered his own weaknesses. He's my hero. He is what I hope God and man see me to be.